Applying for Financial Aid
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Undocumented students must complete the California Dream Application (CADA).
- Current and former foster youth should complete the Chafee Grant Application in addition to the FAFSA or Dream Act Application.
Reedley College complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or disability. This holds true for all students who are interested in participating in educational programs and/or extracurricular school activities. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to race color, national origin, gender or disability is strictly prohibited.
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Students must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens to receive federal funds.
- Male students who are not members of the active armed forces, are at least 18 years old, and were born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
- Demonstrate financial need, except for the unsubsidized Federal Direct Student Loan Program.
- Must be working towards a financial aid eligible degree, transfer degree, or certificate program.
- Be enrolled at least half-time, except for the Pell Grant program.
- Must make satisfactory academic progress towards a degree/transfer or certificate.
- Must have a high school diploma, general education development (GED) certificate, passed the California High School Proficiency Exam, or the equivalent to receive financial aid. Students who were enrolled prior to July 1, 2012 may still be eligible for aid by passing an approved Ability To Benefit (ATB) test or by completing six degree-applicable units.
Students concurrently enrolled in high school and Reedley College are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Other Eligibility Information
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- October 1, 2016 - March 2nd, 2017 FAFSA & Dream Application Priority Filing (but you can still submit your application after this date)
- March 2, 2017 Application Deadline for Madera Community College Center Scholarships
- March 2, 2017 FAFSA & Dream Act Application Deadline for initial Cal Grant awards
- September 2, 2017 Deadline for Cal Grants – Competitive Awards (Community College Students Only)