Financial Aid Programs

For additional information on program requirements, refer to the specific financial aid program below:

Federal Pell Grant

  • Award is a need-based grant
  • For students who have not yet received a bachelor’s degree
  • Amount varies from student to student and are awarded on an annual basis
  • Payments are prorated based on the number of units actively enrolled in and attending
  • Each student has a lifetime limit of up to six, full-time annual Pell Grant awards, or 600%
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Award is need-based grant
  • Amount varies from student to student and is awarded once every academic school year
  • Payment is based on number of units enrolled in and attending, and are paid via check or direct deposit generally twice per semester

Federal Work Study

  • Awarded to student who indicate on their FAFSA that they are interested in student employment
  • Offered on a first come/first served basis until all funds are exhausted
  • Requires at least six units of enrollment and is paid via check or direct deposit on the 10th of each month
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive payment

Federal Direct Student Loans

  • Must be repaid
  • Must be enrolled in at least six units of non-remedial/non-ESL coursework
  • In addition to completed file, student must complete online entrance counseling and sign promissory note.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive payment

Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver

  • You must be coded by Admissions and Records as a California Resident or AB-540 student (contact A&R for residency questions)
  • Awarded automatically if you have an accepted FAFSA on file with FCC and you meet income requirements
  • Also can be awarded by filling out a paper BOG application in the main financial aid office if:
    • You meet certain income standards or
    • You or your family are receiving public assistance from the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or General Assistance or
    • You have certification from the California Department of Veterans' Affairs or the national Guard Adjutant General for a dependent's fee waiver or

Regulations Effective Fall 2015

    • Must sustain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
    • Must complete more than 50 percent of your cumulative coursework
    • If you are below these standards for two consecutive terms (summer excluded), you may lose your fee waiver eligibility

General Cal Grant Eligibility Requirements

  • Be a California Resident or AB 540 eligible
  • Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen or AB 540 eligible
  • Males must meet Selective Service requirements
  • Attend a Cal Grant eligible school
  • Not have earned a bachelor’s degree
  • Not be in grant repayment or in default on a student loan
  • Not be incarcerated
  • Enroll at least half-time to receive payment
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive payment

Cal Grant High School Entitlement Award

For current high school seniors and recent high school graduates
Who is considered for a High School Entitlement Award:

  • Current High school seniors and last year’s high school graduates
  • Students who meet the general Cal Grant eligibility requirements

Deadline to Apply

  • Deadline is March 2nd of each award year

How to Apply

Once you submit your completed FAFSA/DAA and high school GPA you will be considered for the appropriate Cal Grant award based on GPA, financial need and college of attendance.

Cal Grant A

  • For low to middle income students
  • 3.00 high school GPA minimum
  • May be used for an academic program that is 2-4 years in length
  • Can only be used for tuition and fees
  • If awarded at a California Community College, will be held in reserve up to two years until student transfers to a 4-year school

Cal Grant B

  • For low income students
  • 2.00 high school GPA minimum
  • May be used for an academic program that is at least 1 year in length
  • Includes an additional annual Access Award amount (living expenses)
  • California Community College Students with 12 units or more may qualify for an augmented Cal Grant B Access award. Amount will vary depending on the number of qualifying students. Check with the Financial Aid office to see if you qualify for the increased Access Award.

Cal Grant Competitive Awards

For students who are not eligible for the Cal Grant Entitlement awards
Who is considered for a Competitive Award:

  • Students who are not awarded a Cal Grant Entitlement award.
  • Students who meet the general Cal Grant eligibility requirements.
  • Students who complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Deadline to Apply: (12,875 Awards offered each deadline)

  • CA Community College, CSU, UC or eligible Private College Students March 2nd
  • CA Community College Students Only September 2nd

How to Apply

  • Complete a FAFSA by the stated deadline.
  • Submit a verified GPA to the California Student Aid Commission by the stated deadline (FCC will submit your GPA electronically for you if you may qualify).

This is a competitive award and limited to 25,750 awards each academic year. Students who are awarded a competitive award must claim their awards electronically using WebGrants for Students. Students are selected for this award based on information from their FAFSA and their GPA. These awards are not currently available to Dream Applicants.Students are scored based on information provided on their FAFSA and their GPA. Scoring components include: GPA, parent education level, access equalizer, student or parent household status, family income and household size.12,875 competitive awards are offered to students who meet the March 2 filing deadline. 12,875 competitive awards are offered to students who are enrolled at a California Community College for the fall term and have a GPA reported by the September 2 filing deadline.

California Community College Students with 12 units or more may qualify for an augmented Cal Grant B Access award. Amount will vary depending upon number of qualifying students. Check with your CCC campus to see if you qualify for the increased Access Award.

Dream Act

Not a US Citizen or Permanent resident? Want to apply for financial aid, but cannot apply for federal aid due to your immigration status? Have you attended a California High School for three full years and graduated from a California High School or received your GED or passed the high school equivalency exam in California? You may be eligible for state financial aid under the California Dream Act. Read on!

Current FCC Students

Did you graduate in 2015, but were not awarded a Cal Grant? Complete a 2016-2017 Dream Act Applicationand check with your high school to verify your GPA was submitted. Both should be submitted by March 2nd to be considered for your high school entitlement Cal Grant.

Current High School Seniors

Complete a 2016 – 2017 Dream Act Application for a Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver and for Cal Grant competitive awards. For more information, read on and visit

Until the passage of the Dream Act, undocumented students were not eligible for federal, state or university funded financial aid. Under this new law, undocumented students who qualify under AB 540 criteria may now be eligible for certain types of financial aid. The California Dream Act Application is used to determine a student's eligibility for need-based financial aid. For detailed information on the California Dream Act, please visit Additional information is also available in UC Santa Barbara's California Dream Application Tutorial.

What is the California Dream Act?

The Dream Act is really two laws that were passed in 2011 and allow AB 540 students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:

  • Board of Governors Fee Waivers
  • State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
  • Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs
  • Privately-funded scholarships

Check with your college financial aid, scholarship, EOPS/CARE and CalWORKs offices to see what is available.


EOPS was created in 1969 to enable low income, educationally disadvantaged students “affected by language, social, and economic handicaps” to achieve a college education. EOPS has continuously provided guidance, motivation, support services and resources to help students complete their educational goals, including vocational certificates, associate degrees and transfer to four-year institutions.

  • Support Services
  • EOPS Grants
  • Book Vouchers
  • Academic Counseling
  • Tutorial Services
  • C.A.R.E. (Childcare Assistance for Single Parents on TANF


The California Work Opportunities and Responsibility to Kids program at Madera Community College Centerley College is designed to help recipients of cash aid get through college in a short amount of time, with special services that make it easy. If you receive cash aid from a county welfare department, have children, and are enrolled in college or want to sign up for college, you can participate in CalWORKs at Madera Community College Centerley College or at Clovis, Madera or Oakhurst Centers.

Finally, you can go to school and not worry about child care. While you attend classes and educational activities, you may be able to leave your infant or toddler on campus with the Madera Community College Centerley College Child Care Program. You'll get priority acceptance for enrollment.

Upon referral to the college, CalWORKs participants will attend an orientation conducted by Madera Community College Centerley College CalWORKs staff. Students will receive information about the requirements and expectations. At that time, an appointment is scheduled with a CalWORKs counselor. The counselor will assist the student with registering for school, determining a class schedule, and providing support and guidance through the academic experience. Students are required to meet with the CalWORKs counselor at least once every semester to maintain eligibility.


  • The new Scholarship Listing, which includes all Madera Community College Centerley College scholarships and their criteria, is available each January on our website under Scholarship Opportunities
  • Scholarship applications must be submitted by March 2 of each year to be considered for scholarships the following academic year
  • You must have a Social Security number or a Madera Community College Centerley College ID number to apply
  • Most scholarships require at least 12 units of enrollment, unless otherwise stated (Registered Nursing, Dental Hygiene, and Radiologic Technology scholarships require at least nine units)
  • The application will require you to type a one-page, single-spaced personal statement or essay. You will also need two recommendations provided by people in professional positions (teacher, counselor, employer, doctor, social worker, etc.)
Apply For Admission
Campus Map
Class Schedules
Faculty/staff Directory
Financial Aid &
Human Resources
Crime Alert
District Police
Measure C
Other Colleges
Reedley College
Oakhurst Community College Center
Fresno City College
Clovis College
State Center Community
College District (SCCCD)
Progress & Performance
Associate Degree
For Transfer
Student Success
Gainful Employment
Net Price Calculator