The Madera Community College Center Nursing - LVN program is accredited by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
Planning your career, LVN to BSN.
General information about the SCCCD Madera Center LVN Program
This is an intense 3 semesters program to prepare students in become eligible to take the LVN licensing test. The student will learn theory and the hands-on skills needed to work in the health care field. The following is detailed information regarding the LVN Program:
Length of program:
The length of the program is three semesters (one and one-half years) excluding summers.
- Application: Admission applications for the vocational nursing program can be obtained from the Admissions & Records Office at the MADERA CENTER ONLY or by clicking on the following link: LVN Admission Application
In the packet the student will find the required application, forms, and admission requirements. Completed packets are accepted on an ongoing basis in the Admission & Records Office at the Madera Center.
- Minimum requirements for admission to the vocational nursing program:
STUDENTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS BEFORE ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM.
- High school graduation (transcripts required) or the equivalent as measured by General Education Development (GED) test (transcripts required), or California State High School Proficiency Examination and the completion of the following prerequisites:
- Have completed within 5 years of date of application the following courses or their equivalents with a grade of “C” or better (transcripts required):
- Medical Terminology - OT 10
- Nutrition – FN 40 or 35
- Anatomy & Physiology – Bio 5 or 20 & 22
- Effective Fall 2018 ONLY Bio 20 & 22 will be accepted.
- Current CPR card: American Heart Association - Health Care Provider
- Be physically & mentally able to perform the duties of a vocational nurse.
- Minimum Age - 17 Years
The LVN Director is Carol Fernandez and be contacted at the Madera Center email email@example.com