Psychological Services Operation due to campus closure related to COVID-19:
- Psychological Services will be available for students via telephone and in some cases through zoom video communications. Hours of operation will be Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, with the exception of certain Friday’s due to staff trainings, holiday’s, and observed campus breaks (E.g., Spring break).
- Students who would like to set up services are encouraged to call psychological services mainline and leave a message with their name, student identification number, and phone number so one of our clinicians can return the message.
- Students in crisis should call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255), the Central Valley Crisis & Suicide Prevention Line (1-888-506-5991), or call campus/local police (911). There is also a crisis text line available as well (Text “HOME” to 741741).
- The following psychological services are cancelled/postponed during this time and will resume once staff are allowed to return to the clinic and see students face to face:
- Psychological Assessment
- Group Psychotherapy
- On-campus and community wide outreach/events
- Staff who would like a consult can also call psychological services mainline and leave a message asking for a clinician to call back and provide a consult.
- Staff who have a student in crisis should also call campus police or local police to evaluate the student rather than referring to psychological services at this time to ensure the safety of the student. Crisis Do's and Don'ts for Faculty & Staff
- For students who wish to pursue services in the community please visit our webpage which has a list of community resources available, such as: psychiatric services, psychotherapy services, crisis hotlines, and other community clinics/services.
If you are a student and you would like to set up therapy, please fill out our online intake form. If you are unable to complete the form due to technical issues, you can complete the PDF version of the form located here: PDF Intake Formand email it to us directly at PsychServices@SCCCD.edu.
You can also call the Psychological Services main line to let us know you are interested in therapy. Please leave a message with your name, student identification number, and phone number, and one of our clinicians will return the message within 2-3 business days.
September is National Suicide Prevention Month!
Please check out the following resources:
- Madera/Oakhurst College – Psychological Services: 559-675-4800 ext. 4854
- Reedley College - Psychological Services: 559-638-0300 ext. 3210
- Fresno City College - Psychological Services: 559-443-8687
- Clovis Community College - Psychological Services: 559-325-5377